After closing on March 17th due to COVID-19, the Portage County Library has developed a plan to reopen its buildings to the public on a limited basis with limited services. Our plan will continue to evolve as conditions arise or situations change. We will alert the public to these changes as soon as we know about them. Our responses may range from providing curbside services only to providing full services and hours. (Full plan in pdf)
We do have some expectations and changes:
- First of all, if you are ill, please visit us on another day.
- Keep 6 feet of distance between you and others at all times and remember that not all people may have the same comfort level as you do.
- Because social distancing is not always possible, we strongly encourage all visitors to wear a mask during their visit to the Library.
- While the Library is usually a place to linger, think and read, that will not be the case when we reopen. All toys, plus most furniture has been removed until further notice.
- Some areas of the Libraries will be temporarily closed to the public. However, staff may be able to help retrieve items from those areas as time permits.
- Computer availability is restricted at all branches upon reopening. Computer time is reserved by calling the branch you wish to visit. There are limited daily timeslots at each location to ensure time for cleaning.
- Computer assistance may be limited. Staff will attempt to help from a safe distance. Both parties must be wearing masks for assistance.
- If you feel more comfortable not entering the building, curbside service is available. Details at https://www.pocolibrary.org/curbside-pickup
- Each year our Libraries loan and borrow over 200,000 items through the South Central Library System. Right now, deliveries are limited and not all SCLS libraries have reopened, so you may place holds on items from other libraries, but arrivals times may vary from days to weeks.
Some of the services not available for a time upon reopening include: Self-checkout machines, faxing, notarizing, meeting & study rooms, gaming computers and onsite programming.
- Almond (Tuesday 10:00am-1:30pm and 2pm-6pm, & Wednesday and Thursday 2pm to 6pm,)
- Plover (Tuesday – Friday 10am to 6pm)
- Rosholt (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 2pm to 6pm, & Wednesday 10am to 6pm)
- Stevens Point (10am to 6pm, Monday – Friday)